September 19-22, 2017
Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
No-show papers are defined as papers submitted by authors who subsequently did not present the paper in-person at this conference. Presentations by proxies are not allowed, unless explicitly approved before the conference by the program committee. No-shows will not be available on IEEE Xplore or other public access IEEE forums. No refund of the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show author.
- The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes. Please notice that, in general, this includes 12 minutes for presentation and 3 minutes for discussions with the audience.
- Every session room will have an LCD projector and an electrical outlet (100V 50Hz, Type A). SICE 2017 will not provide laptops for presentation, i.e., YOU NEED YOUR LAPTOP FOR YOUR PRESENTATION. The connector from the LCD projector to your laptop is limited to a D-sub 15 pin male connection.
- No laser pointers are prepared in the rooms.
- It is highly recommended to show up in your session room 10 minutes before the session starts. You should test the connection of your laptop with the LCD projector.
- In case you have not done pre-registration to SICE 2017, please complete on-site registration at least 30 minutes before your session.
You will receive a few documents for chairing your session at Registration Desk. In particular you will have a list of presentation records to be filled for your session.
- (IMPORTANT) Some of the documents including the list of presentation records are supposed to be FULFILLED AND RETURNED BY YOU to the registration desk after the session.
- Please appear at the session room at least 5 minutes before the session starts. Please confirm that all the presenters are in the session room.
- The duration of each talk is 15 minutes including discussions (about 12 minutes talk and a few minutes discussions would be standard). Please indicate the elapsed time to the speaker appropriately and be punctual to the session schedule.
- There will be a timekeeper signaling bell for each session room.
Chairs shall time and ring the bell three times during the presentation:
* First bell rings at 10 minutes passed.
* Second bell rings at 12 minutes passed meaning the end of talk.
* Third bell rings at 15 minutes passed meaning the end of discussion.
- In case of no-show, do not move to the next presentation. The session should be synchronized with all the presentations at other sessions.