Instructions for Presenter and Session Chairs
Instruction for Oral Presentations
- 1. The duration of a presentation slot is 15 minutes.
This includes the time for the presentation itself
and for discussions with the audience.
- 2. Every session room will have an LCD projector. SICE 2010 will not
provide laptops for presentation, i.e., YOU NEED YOUR LAPTOP FOR YOUR
PRESENTATION. The connector from the LCD projector to your laptop is
limited to a D-sub 15 pin male connection. The power supply for
electricity in Taipei is 110V/60Hz.
- 3. It is highly recommended to show up in your session room 10 minutes
before the session starts. You should test the connection of your
laptop with the LCD projector.
Instruction for Poster Presentations
- 0. The general idea of poster presentations can be found in, e.g.,
- 1. The interactive sessions will be held at the east corridor of
the VIP Floor (VF: one stair up from the lobby).
- 2. You need your printed poster. SICE 2010 WILL NOT PROVIDE ON-SITE
PRINTING SERVICE. A bulletin board (approximately 2000mm tall by
1000mm wide in size) will be provided for each poster.
- 3. Your poster must be setup before your session starts. Poster mounting
items (pins) will be provided by SICE 2010. No-show presentations
will be checked by SICE 2010 during the session.
- 4. Your poster should be removed after your session. Posters not
removed by 14:30 of the day will be discarded by SICE 2010.
Instruction for Session Chairs
- 0. Please check which session(s) you will be a chair by the final
program on the website. In case you have not done pre-registration to
SICE 2010, please complete on-site registration at least 30 minutes
before your session. At the on-site registration, please notice that
which session you will be a chair.
- 1. You will receive a few documents for charing your session at
Registration Desk. In particular you will have a list of
presentation records to be filled for your session.
(IMPORTANT) Some of the documents including the list of
presentation records are supposed to be FULFILLED AND RETURNED BY
YOU to the registration desk after the session.
- 2. Please appear at the session room at least 5 minutes before the
session starts. Please confirm that all the presenters are in the
- 3. The duration of each talk is 15 minutes including discussions (about
12 minutes talk and a few minues discussions would be standard). Please
indicate the elapsed time to the speaker appropriately and be punctual
to the session schedule.
- 4. In case of no-show, do not move to the next presentation. The session
should be synchronized with all the presentations at other sessions.
Return to top